General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Belcom’s high standards of information security, privacy and transparency has always been critical in our daily approach. We are committed to the principles of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective 25th May 2018 which replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC)
Our Obligation to Data
When you may pass specific Personal Identifiable Information to us to deliver products or services on your behalf we will follow basic guidelines as outlined below:
• All physical documentation containing PII will be stored securely and destroyed after use.
• Any digitally transmitted information containing PII (e.g. email) will be permanently deleted as soon as is reasonably practical.
• We will only store the PII for as long as the provided service is being administered and no longer than stated in our data retention policy.
• All PII will be treated as strictly confidential and is not distributed to any party not directly involved in delivering the service.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding your data.
• You have the right to ask us for a copy of any data we hold about you.
• You have a right to have any data that is incorrect, corrected.
• You have the right to object to the use of your data.
• You have the right to have your data provided to you to take elsewhere in a suitable format.
• You have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your data with the Information Commissioner.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data controller.
Details for the information commissioner and making a complaint can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at : www.ico.org.uk.
Getting in Contact with Us
The person responsible for all matters concerning the privacy and processing of any personal data, also known as the data controller and can be contacted as follows:
Belcom Cables Ltd.
They can be contacted by calling 01279 871150 ,emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the above address.