Call the sales team on 01279 871150
Shannon McNeil is now a returning Basildon Athletics Club member, whom is going from strength to strength there is no stopping her. She quotes “One day I will run for TEAM GB”….
• July 2014 Shannon went for some hard intense summer training in Jamaica with Andre Wellington an Jamaican Sprinter and came back with lots of different drills.
• June 14 School Presentation was presented by Tessa Sanderson for winning School districts which meant that was 8 years in a row the whole of her juniors and secondary school life. And from that Shannon has now been spotted by Tessa and is about to go into the Tessa Sanderson Foundation and by coached Tony Jarrett along side her coach from Basildon Vespa Ellis.
• In June Shannon was invited to be a Kit Carrier at the British Championships Birmingham Alexander Stadium and done such a good job she got invited back for the next one which was in August.
• June 2014 Shannon took Silver in the Essex County Schools 200m.
• July 2013 she won a 60m heat race in Folkestone for the Street Athletics (Linford Christie) race, which took her through to the finals in Manchester (August) where she came 2nd.
• June 2013 Shannon got Sports Personality of the year award from her School, for her hard work, dedication and willing to learn.
• June 2013 Shannon won the 100m and 200m making her the Eastern Counties Champion 2013.
• In April 2013 Shannon went to train with Coach Blackman in Los Angeles with top athletes such as Christopher Williams and at the end of her training she got to compete at the California University State of Los Angeles where she came 3rd bearing in mind she was the only 14 year old in the line up, all the other girls was of university age.
• Shannon has recently broken the School District 100m record with a new PB of 12.7. The previous record had stood since 1978.
• Shannon has been asked to be a Guard of Honour at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games on 27th July 2012.
• In Easter 2013, Shannon is going to Los Angeles with her coach to train in a camp with some of the top USA athletes including Olympic Athlete Carmelita Jeter, then she gets to compete at the end.
• On May 19th 2012 Shannon ran a 60m race called STREET ATHLETICS organised by Linford Christie and she came 2nd which got her through to the grand final in Manchester on the 18th August.
• On May 12th 2012 Shannon got Silver in the 100m Essex County Championship and achieved a new PB of 12.86. She then managed Bronze in the 200m on May 13th.
• New PB for Shannon of 27.03 in the 200m, whilst representing Essex at the Inter Counties Championships in Kingston. This makes Shannon ranked No. 1 in her age group for the UK.